Absolute Black Oval 4 Bolt Chainring
Absolute Black Oval Chainrings are similar to round chainrings, but a bit more oval with some science mixed in.
They are standard 104BCD 4 bolt pattern, as well as the Shimano specific 96BCD XT M8000 & SLX M7000 and 96BCD XTR M9000 patterns.
These chainrings fit both Boost and Non-Boost bikes, the offset is set by the crank spider, not the chainring.
- Ovality: Optimised to each size separately. Range: 10.2-14.4 %
- Timing: 110.5-116.3° after TDC (top dead centre)
- 30T 104BCD: 36g - comes with special bolts and spacers
- 104BCD: 32T (41g), 34T (44g), 36T (53g)
- M7000/M8000/M9000: 30T (44g), 32T (50g), 34T (60g), 36T (69g)
IMPORTANT INFO (Shimano 96BCD Chainrings):
- All 4 sizes have built-in standoffs to provide the ideal 1x chainline - use the stock 1x Shimano M8 chainring bolts that come with crank
- If you are converting from 2x crank to 1x and wish to mount 30t absoluteBLACK ring you will need to purchase 1x bolts from Shimano, because 2x bolts are too short
- 32t / 34t / 36t chainrings can use the standard Shimano 2x bolts